Last Minute Tips for SAT
Imagine you have a stage performance at an event in a few days. What is most likely to give you best preparation for the main performance is practicing in the most similar of the situations/surroundings that you would actually get on your performance day. Apply the same analogy to your SAT preparation.
1. Mock Tests: Depending upon the time available with you each day till the test day, write down a few mocks in similar exam environment. Make sure you adhere to time limits of each section and keep your focus to the highest level. Do not let anything interrupt your mock, as a score lower than your potential can affect your confidence negatively. On the other side an accurate measure can help you identify the weak areas and thereby develop a better tackling approach for your actual exam.
2. New Concepts NO! NO!: Do not waste your time on learning new things/concepts. This is not the time to engage in new things. Instead, it is about how you can leverage most out of existing knowledge and skill set.
3. Revision: In last few days approaching SAT, revise your key notes/preparation material or the concepts that you tend to get wrong be it vocabulary words, grammar rules or math formulas.
4. Calculator: Get used to your calculator that you intend to carry in SAT exam in case you have not been using it regularly in your preparation.
5. Maximize your score: The hard problems are worth the same number of points as the easy problems are. So, there is no point in spending more time on hard questions, given that you can utilize the same amount of time to solve more number of other questions. Utilize your exam time judiciously.
6. Relax: Relax and have a good sleep before the test day. Remember last minute preparations can have more negative repercussions than positive. Preserve your energy for the test day. A slight lapse of concentration can lead to careless mistakes.